Thanks for attending my lecture at Mac-Nutrition LIVE 2022!
Below, find additional material, including references for the talk, the lecture slides and recommendations for further learning on this topic.
PDF copy of the lecture slides: Danny Lennon – MNU 22 Lecture
Lecture References:Click here to open reference list
- Zhyzhneuskaya & Taylor, Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes, In: Obesity, pg 195-226
- Tahrani & Morton, Obesity (Silver Spring). 2022 Apr;30(4):802-840
- Hall & Kahan, Med Clin North Am. 2018 Jan; 102(1): 183–197
- Speakman et al., Dis Model Mech. 2011 Nov;4(6):733-45
- Brown et al., EClinicalMedicine. 2022 Apr 21;47:101408
- Wing, Obesity, 2021 Aug;29(8):1246-1258
- Areta et al., Eur J Appl Physiol. 2021 Jan;121(1):1-21
- Linardon, Appetite. 2018 Aug 1;127:126-129
- Bacon & Aphramor, Nutr J. 2011; 10: 9
- Schvey et al., Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011 Oct;19(10):1957-62
- Puhl et al., Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007 Jan;15(1):19-23
- Lessard et al., Obesity (Silver Spring). 2021 un;29(6):966-970
- Stubbs et al., Proc Nutr Soc. 2019 Nov;78(4):576-589
- Perri et al., J Consult Clin Psychol 1988;56(4):529–534
Related podcast episodes:
- 352: Do Diets Even Work in the Long-term? – A Look at Weight Loss Maintenance
- 391: Is There a Body Weight Set Point?: Models of Body Mass Regulation
- 388: Consequences of Weight Stigma and Weight Bias
- 379: Obesity & Chronic Disease Risk with Dr. Spencer Nadolsky
- 460: Dr. Priya Sumithran – Body Fat Regulation, Pros & Cons of Weight Loss Interventions, and GLP-1 Receptor Agonists
- 395: Prof. Carel Le Roux – Current Thinking in Obesity Treatment
Click here to find Sigma Nutrition Radio on the app of your choice.
- Tahrani & Morton, 2022 – Benefits of weight loss of 10% or more in patients with overweight or obesity: A review
- The “Calories In, Calories Out” Confusion: A Comprehensive Guide to Understanding Energy Balance
Go deeper into nutrition:
- Sigma Nutrition Premium is a subscription we created to allow people interested in deeply understanding nutrition science to do so through building on the content they hear in our podcast.
- With a Premium subscription you get ‘detailed study notes’ to each podcast episode. This takes the form of a 10-15 page PDF containing additional explanations, clarifications, graphs, diagrams, and other helpful information that allows you to both understand the topic more deeply and retain more of what you hear in podcast episodes.
- In addition, you get Premium-only exclusive podcast episodes and bonus “key ideas” segments that play at the end of each regular podcast.
- For more details, go here.
Future Live Events
- On Saturday 18th March 2023, Sigma Nutrition Radio LIVE takes place in London.
- On the day Danny Lennon and Dr. Alan Flanagan will be joined by two special guests (announced soon) to discuss some of the most interesting current topics in nutrition.
- Tickets are £35 (or £30 for students). Event capacity is 70 and tickets are first come, first serve.
- For more details see here.