Gil Carvalho MD, PhD
Gil Carvalho, MD PhD is a medical doctor, research scientist, science communicator. Dr. Carvalho trained as a medical doctor in the University of Lisbon, in his native Portugal, and later obtained a PhD in Biology from Caltech (California Institute of Technology). He has published peer-reviewed medical research spanning the fields of genetics, molecular biology, nutrition, behaviour, aging and neuroscience.
In this episode we discuss:
- Dairy: is it over-emphasized in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans?
- Dairy tolerance
- Critical importance of substitution effects
- Differences between difference types of dairy on health
- Claims by some WFPB advocates that olive oil can negatively impact endothethial function
- Seed oils: is there any basis to the claims that are harmful to health?
- Distinguishing between acute and chronic effects
- Gil's work with Antonio Damasio on feelings
Links & Resources
- Click here to join the email list to receive our weekly Sigma Synopsis emails
- Twitter: @NutritionMadeS3
- Nutrition Made Simple YouTube Channel
- Sigma Statement: Impact of Dairy on Disease Risk & Health
- A Plant Based Diet Reverses Heart Disease: True or False?
Support the Podcast
If you regularly enjoy listening to Sigma Nutrition Radio and you'd like to take your support even further, then you can officially support the podcast by either making a one-time donation or via a recurring payment. If you wish to do so then you can do so here.
Thank you for considering!