Episode 73: Borge Fagerli discusses how meal and nutrient timing can be an important factor in health when considering the effect on circadian rhythms.
Borge is a Norwegian strength coach who looks deep at lifestyle factors and underlying health. He advocates a nutritional approach he terms the BioRhythm Diet, which looks at the connection between diet and circadian rhythms.
In this episode we discuss:
- Circadian rhythms
- The role of diet in affecting circadian rhythms
- Nutrient timing & shifting circadian phase
- How altered circadian rhythms can hamper health and body composition
- Where to place the bulk of calories and carbohydrates
- Timing of workouts and pre- vs. post-workout nutrition
- The important things in life that many in the fitness industry miss
- How to have a life!
Links & Resources: