Episode 74: Evelyn Kocur talks carbohydrates, insulin and adiposity.
Evelyn blogs over at the Carb Sane Asylum blog and has been a very vocal skeptic of some leaders of the low-carbohydrate community. Following initial success on an Atkins approach, she went looking into the scientific research and found that not everything is as perfect with low-carb dieting as some promote.
In this episode we discuss:
- Carbohydrate-insulin-adiposity hypothesis
- Carb intakes when insulin resistance is present
- False dichotomy of LCHF vs. high-carb
- When low-carbohydrate diets are viable
- The different forms of moderation in dieting