Episode 41: Dublin-based trainer & competitive CrossFit athlete Dominic Munnelly is on the show to talk about where CrossFit fits in to the health & fitness industry, some of the criticisms it faces, considerations for female trainees & differences in nutrition for performance vs. nutrition for body composition.
Dominic is a Dublin based personal trainer. Famed for the amazing results his clients achieve has made him the most in demand personal trainer in the country.
After finishing a Sports Science degree in the UK he began working as the trainer’s trainer (Fitness Director) for one of the most exclusive chain of gyms in the country. He has continued to develop his knowledge/education so he can provide clients with the best methods to drop fat and get fit in the shortest time possible.
Dominic is an active competitor in the Crossfit Games and placed an impressive 12th in the 2011 European regionals.
In this episode we discuss:
- Education in physiology and sports science – the good and the bad
- CrossFit – it’s role in the H&F industry in 2015
- The downfalls of CrossFit
- Good vs. Poor CrossFit boxes
- Biggest nutritional considerations for CrossFitters: weight loss/health vs. competitive Games athletes
- Specifics for women doing CrossFit or S&C training or Oly lifting
- The process of change
- Top 3 book recommendations
Links & Resources
Dom’s Book List:
- Get the Life You Want – Richard Bandler
- The Ultimate Introduction to NLP: How to build a successful life – Richard Bandler
- The Little Big Things
- A Short History Of Nearly Everything – Bill Bryson
- Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game – Michael Lewis
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable – Seth Godin
- The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? – Seth Godin
- Tribes: We need you to lead us – Seth Godin
- The Obstacle is the Way – Ryan Holiday