To celebrate our 400th episode, we take a look at two "quacks" who spread misinformation; Dr. Aseem Malhotra and Dr. James DiNicolantonio. We give reference to some specific examples.
Quack 1: Dr. James DiNicolantonio [04:50]
- Episode #375: Salt, Sodium & Health (Quack Asylum at 90:51)
- Podast with Mark Hyman
- James DiNic's Twitter video
Quack 2: Dr. Aseem Malhotra [40:48]
Video clips used:
- Expert reaction to analysis of clinical trial data on cholesterol lowering drugs and targets for ‘bad’ cholesterol levels
- SAMSON Trial
- Nunan et al., 2019 - Implausible discussions in saturated fat 'research'; definitive solutions won't come from another million editorials (or a million views of one)
- The Impact of Diet on Blood Lipids (Sigma Statement)
- Understanding Diet & Heart Disease Risk (podcast episode)
Fan of the Podcast?
If you regularly enjoy listening to Sigma Nutrition Radio and you'd like to take your support even further, then you can officially support the podcast by either making a one-time donation or via a recurring payment. If you wish to do so then you can do so here.
Thank you for considering!