In This Episode We Discuss
This episode is a supplemental/follow-up episode to the ‘Diet & Cardiovascular Disease’ Series of Sigma Statements. If you have not read those statements, you can find them here:
- Cholesterol, Lipoproteins & Lipids: Understanding CVD Risk
- The Impact of Diet on Blood Lipids
- How Diet Influences Heart Disease Risk
In this podcast Danny and Alan will be re-capping the main important points from each statement, in addition to addressing follow-up questions or potential conflicting points.
We’ll cover issues such as:
- Does ApoB testing make LDL-C irrelevant?
- “I heard PUFA/omega-6 increases inflammation and therefore should be restricted. Is this true?”
- Issues with the Sydney Diet Heart Study
- How does insulin resistance impact lipoportein levels?
- And more
Links & Resources
Fan of the Podcast?
If you regularly enjoy listening to Sigma Nutrition Radio, I’d love if you could take a moment to consider showing your support.
First, if you could leave a review on iTunes that would help the show a lot and I get to read every single one of them!
Then if you’d like to take your support even further, then you can officially support the podcast on Patreon. You can pledge $1 per episode, and cancel at any time. All the money goes into providing transcripts of all the podcasts and supporting materials.
Thank you for considering!