Eric Helms is on the show to talk about nutrition considerations for physique athletes, body builders and strength athletes.
Eric is competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter, and has a strength & conditioning based PhD. Eric’s a coach for raw powerlifters, natural bodybuilders, and serious weight lifters of all walks of life with Team 3D Muscle Journey.
In This Show We Discuss:
- Eric’s journey, struggles, challenges and inspiration to achieve what he has.
- The fundamentals of nutrition that should apply to all serious trainees.
- Gettting leaner without seriously damaging strength levels
- Setting macros for body composition manipulation.
- The macro targets Eric prescribes to new bodybuilding clients
- Carb cycling vs. consistent intakes
- Reverse dieting
- The best advice Eric received
- Am I making the world a better place?
Links & Resources:
- Evidence-based recommendations for natural bodybuilding contest preparation: nutrition and supplementation – Helms, Aragon & Fitschen, JISSN
- Eric on ResearchGate
- Eric’s nutritional pyramid
- 3D Muscle Journey Website
- 3DMJ YouTube page
- Alan Aragon’s Research Review