Episode 203: Arthur Lynch, PhD candidate at the University of Limerick, is on the show to break down two important research papers.
Get the podcast on iTunes (iOS)
Get the podcast on Stitcher (Android app)
Click Here to Get Podcast Transcripts
Arthur Lynch, PhD Candidate
Arthur is an exercise physiology PhD researcher and international-level competitive lifter in the IPF. He is head powerlifting coach at Sigma Nutrition. His current research is based on HMB supplementation and anabolism.
Research Papers Discussed In This Episode:
- Study #1: Brechue & Abe, 2002 – The role of FFM accumulation and skeletal muscle architecture in powerlifting performance
- Study #2: Wilkinson et al., 2013 – Effects of leucine and its metabolite β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate on human skeletal muscle protein metabolism
Links & Resources
- MASS (Monthly Applications in Strength Sport) – Research Review by Helms, Nuckols and Zourdos
- Instagram: @arthurlynch
- Online Powerlifting Coaching with Arthur Lynch
Enjoy this episode?
Share this episode on Facebook
Support the podcast on Patreon
- SNR #199: Ciaran Fairman – Exercise-Oncology: Effects of Exercise in Cancer Treatment & Survivorship
- SNR #180: Jason Gill, PhD – Role of Ethnicity in Cardio-Metabolic Disease Risk