Episode 77: James Krieger discusses issues around weight regulation, non-exercise activity thermogenesis, self-reporting of food intake, calorie counting, gluten and the glycaemic index.
Guest BioJames Krieger
James is the founder of Weightology, LLC. He has a Master’s degree in Nutrition from the University of Florida and a second Master’s degree in Exercise Science from Washington State University. He is the former research director for a corporate weight management program that treated over 400 people per year, with an average weight loss of 40 pounds in 3 months.
He has published weight loss and nutrition-related research in prestigious scientific journals, including the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition and the Journal of Applied Physiology.
In this episode we discuss:
- Non-exercise activity thermogenesis
- Self-reporting of food intake
- Calorie tracking as an awareness tool
- Weight management, weight loss and weight re-gain
- Fundamental factors vs. little details of nutrition
- How big of a deal is gluten?
- Is the glycaemic index a good tool to work out the “healthfulness” of a diet?
Links & Resources:
Enjoy this episode?
You might enjoy these: