Episode 6: Registered dietician Amy Kubal talks about her experience of living with an eating disorder and the lessons she has taken from it. Amy is part of the team at RobbWolf.com
Guest BioAmy Kubal
Amy Kubal is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian specializing in the Paleo Diet and performance nutrition. She holds both Bachelors and Masters degrees in Food Science and Human Nutrition from Colorado State University. Amy works with both serious and recreational athletes as well as with individuals looking to improve their overall health and performance through diet and lifestyle.
She is the consultant dietitian for Joe Friel’s TrainingBible Coaching, The Whole9, and Boot Camp Pasadena. She works with a broad range of clients including Olympic rower Ursula Grobler, two time Kettlebell World Champion Lorna Kleidman, numerous IronMan triathletes, professional bikers, marathoners, CrossFit games competitors, MMA fighters, and everyday athletes. Additionally, Amy has helped many clients optimize body composition and manage or recover from autoimmune and diet related diseases: cancer, diabetes, heart disease, IBS, renal failure, lupus, and more.
In This Show We Discuss:
- How Amy’s eating disorder started
- The moment she realised she was doing something unhealthy
- The anger she felt towards those trying to help
- Getting involved in the nutrition industry
- Using Paleo as a justification for restriction
- CrossFit, endurance training and exercise as a way to compound this issue
- Why sometimes food is NOT the problem
- How we all try to control something
- How to deal with an unhealthy relationship with food
Links & Resources
- Amy’s post on RobbWolf.com
- Consulting services via RobbWolf.com
- Consulting services via The Paleo Mom
Transcript of the Show
Please Share To Activate the Download Link for PDF of the show transcript.[esll id=”68468425″ description=””]
Thanks For Sharing !
Enjoy this episode? Hear more from me…