Episode 14: Author of Make Shift Happen, Dean Dwyer, is on the show to talk about how to create habits that will set you up for success and create a life you love.
Transcript of the Show
Please Share To Activate the Download Link for PDF of the show transcript.[esll id=”68468425″ description=””]
Thanks For Sharing !
Guest BioDean Dwyer
For the first 45 years of his life Dean was trapped in a body he could not change, stuck in a job he did not like and living a life he did not love.
He has managed to design solutions to solve all of those problems.
Over on his site (deandwyer.com), his content is dedicated to teaching others what he has learned so they they can acquire the skills necessary to stop struggling and start living the life they want.
He is also the host of the hugely successful Make Shift Happen show (see links below), as well as being a speaker at various events, such as the Paleo f(x) conference.
In This Show We Discuss:
- The “Make Shift Happen” concept
- “You can’t solve a problem with the same thinking that caused it”
- Consistency, chronic inconsistency and being consistently perfect
- Thinking in terms of behaviours vs. outcomes
- Starting to change vs. long-term sustainability
- Feeling guilty for “messing up”
- Practical steps to take to approach change
Links & Resources
- Make Shift Happen: Change How You Look by Changing How You Think
- Dean’s podcast
- Dean’s website
- Daily Rituals: How Great Minds Make Time, Find Inspiration, and Get to Work
- Jason Fried’s 37signals blog
- Mark Sisson’s Carbohydrate Curve
- Carb Nite – Kiefer
- Episode#6 with Amy Kubal
- Karen’s Garden Girl website