Simone is an Intuitive Eating Counsellor, currently finishing MSc Nutrition and Behaviour at Bournemouth University. She is also a PhD Counselling psychology candidate. Her academic research area is body image and adaptive eating, and she practices as a therapist in the field of nutrition, chronic dieting, body image and eating disorders.
In This Episode We Discuss
- The scale of the problem of negative body image
- Tying appearance to self-worth & personal identity
- External drivers of negative body image
- Root causes of obesity
- Why “self-responsability” isn’t helpful at scale
- Steps in modifying body image
- Self-talk: moving from negative to neutral to positive
- Can non-weight loss interventions improve health to the same degree as those that lead to weight loss in “at risk” groups (e.g. those with diabetes or with obesity)?
Links & Resources
Fan of the Podcast?
If you regularly enjoy listening to Sigma Nutrition Radio, I’d love if you could take a moment to consider showing your support.
First, if you could leave a review on iTunes that would help the show a lot and I get to read every single one of them!
Then if you’d like to take your support even further, then you can officially support the podcast on Patreon. You can pledge $1 per episode, and cancel at any time. All the money goes into providing transcripts of all the podcasts and supporting materials.
Thank you for considering!