Episode 166: Stephan Guyenet, PhD discusses what drives us to overeat, factors affecting appetite regulation and calorie balance.
Stephan Guyenet, Ph.D.
Stephan is an obesity researcher, neurobiologist, and author. In addition to his research, he enjoys synthesizing and communicating science for a general audience over at his hugely successful blog. Stephan has a BS. in biochemistry (University of Virginia) and a PhD in neurobiology (University of Washington). He recently published the fantastic book ‘The Hungry Brain’, which dives into the causes of obesity from the perspective of overeating and related brain chemistry.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- What drives us to eat and specifically what drives us to overeat?
- Why are “trigger” foods different amongst individuals?
- Smoking joints and appetite regulation
- Calorie balance and macronutrient debates
Links & Resources
- Transcript of Episode 166
- The Hungry Brain [book]
- Stephan’s previous appearance on Sigma Nutrition Radio
- Mac-Nutrition Conference and Course Details
Enjoy this episode?
- SNR #88: Kevin Hall, PhD – The Physiology of Fat Loss, Weight Regain & Carb or Fat Restriction?
- SNR #68: Stephan Guyenet – Overeating, Fat Mass Regulation & Energy Homeostasis