How To Listen
Ari Snaevarsson currently works as a dietetic technician at a residential treatment center for patients with eating disorders. He graduated from Gettysburg College with his Bachelor’s in Health Sciences and worked there also as a research assistant. His Capstone research was titled “How aggressively can hospitalized adolescents with anorexia nervosa be refed to prevent irreversible adverse outcomes or death?” In addition, Ari works, separate from the eating disorder field, as a Precision Nutrition Level 1 certified nutrition consultant at True Fitness & Nutrition.
In This Episode We Discuss
- Defining anorexia nervosa & refeeding syndrome
- How and why we see severe hypophosphatemia play out
- What is the current standard of care for hospitalized anorexic patients?
- Is their alternatives to current standard practice that have potential?
- What sort of surpluses lead to appropriate rates of weight gain?
- Differences between whole food refeeds vs. feed tube vs. TPN (intravenous)
Links & Resources
- Ari’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org