Jake Linardon, PhD
Dr. Jake Linardon is a Senior Research Fellow at Deakin University in Melbourne, Australia. His research focuses on eating disorders, with a primary focus on testing and evaluating a broad range of treatment approaches for eating disorders.
Dr. Linardon is particularly interested in understanding how modern information technology can be used to help those most in need.
In this episode we discuss:
- Psychological vs behavioural patterns of disordered eating
- Disordered eating vs. eating disorders
- Relationship between tracking macros & eating disorders
- Disordered eating & body image
- Disordered eating as subjective rather than objective
- Social comparison
- Internalisation of appearance ideals
Links & Resources
- Break Binge Eating - Website
- Instagram: @break.binge.eating
- Linardon et al., 2020 - Interactions between different eating patterns on recurrent binge eating behavior: A machine learning approach
- Rodgers et al., 2020 - The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on eating disorder risk and symptoms
- SNR #281: Jake Linardon, PhD – Eating Disorders, Binge Eating & Body Image
Support the Podcast
If you regularly enjoy listening to Sigma Nutrition Radio and you'd like to take your support even further, then you can officially support the podcast by either making a one-time donation or via a recurring payment. If you wish to do so then you can do so here.
Thank you for considering!