How To Listen
Louise Burke, PhD
Professor Louise Burke has been one of the most highly respected and accomplished sports nutrition researchers over several decades. She has been the head of sports nutrition at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) for nearly 30 years, publishing a vast number of important, novel and high-quality papers in the sports nutrition field.
Professor Bourke’s research interests lie in nutritional intervention strategies for sporting performance. The goal of Louise’s research is to find practical nutrition strategies that athletes and coaches can use to achieve optimum performance. Often this will involve examining metabolism during and after exercise to discover how complex systems work.
In This Episode We Discuss
- The origins of Project Supernova
- Comparing LCHF vs. High Carbohydrate vs. Periodized Carbohydrate diets for peroformance
- Inefficiency of high fat oxidation provision of energy
- Can we increase carbohydrate oxidation during performance even more?
- Low energy availability and diet strategies in athletes
- Plans for future research projects