Ari Snaevarsson is a nutrition coach who works primarily with clients who suffer from disordered eating patterns. He also works as a dietetic technician at a residential eating disorder treatment center. In both capacities, he helps clients develop positive relationships with food and their bodies. His book, 100 Days of Food Freedom, outlines a simple, day-by-day process to recovery from one's eating disorder.
In This Episode We Discuss
- Commonalitites in recovery from the various eating disorders
- Defining recovery
- The factors that may increase the probability of that recovery being a success
- Critical nature of support systems
- How you can support a friend/family member recovering from an eating disorder
- Modification of environment and lifestyle
- Goal setting: what metrics can be assessed on an ongoing basis?
- Understanding relapses accurately
- Cognitive dietary restraint – dieting messages from the diet industry
- Body-positive, intuitive eating approach
- Health At Every Size (HAES) - misinterpretations and misconceptions