Episode 153: Dan Garner discusses hydration status, electrolyte supplementation and performance nutrition for athletes.
Get the podcast on iTunes (iOS)
Get the podcast on Stitcher (Android app)
Click Here to Get Podcast Transcripts
Guest BioDan Garner
Dan Garner is the owner and founder of Team Garner and is the head strength coach and nutrition specialist for hockeytraining.com. Specializing and delivering consistent world class results in physique transformation and athletic performance, Dan has worked with many athletes from the youth leagues right up to the NHL, NFL, MLB and UFC. He is an international lecturer on sports nutrition and has been featured in several major media outlets. In addition to his coaching services, he has created many online products available for purchase and is a bestselling author on Amazon, as well as being a contributor to Alan Aragon’s Research Review.
In this episode we discuss:
- Dan’s experience of working with athletes in the NFL, NHL, MLB and UFC
- Evidence-based practice and the role of experience and anecdotal data within that
- Lab testing and analysis that Dan carries out with his elite athletes
- What you can learn about health from even a basic blood panel
- The role of hydration in athletic performance
- Why hydration is much more than water
- Electrolyte supplementation
- Getting a better electrolyte balance in your fluids: why commercial sports drinks might not be optimal
Links & Resources:
- Dan Garner Facebook Page
- Sigma Weight Cutting System
- Support the podcast on Patreon
- Click Here to Get Podcast Transcripts
Enjoy this episode?
Support the podcast on Patreon