Episode 149: Mike Israetel, PhD discusses the hierarchy of nutritional factors that have an affect on health, how this differs from just body composition goals and how to avoid getting married to any one diet method.
Get the podcast on iTunes (iOS)
Mike Israetel, PhD
Mike Israetel is currently a professor of Exercise Science at Temple University in Philadelphia, as well consulting nutritional and training for elite strength and combat athletes around the world. Mike is the head science consultant for Renaissance Periodization, where he has authored and co-authored a number for books. He has a PhD in Sport Physiology from East Tennessee State University, and on the sporting side has experience as a competitive powerlifter, grappler and bodybuilder.
In this episode we discuss:
- Hierarchy of nutrition factors that impact health
- Evidence-base on dietary fat, saturated fat, grains and other nutrients
- The false idea that “restriction is bad”
- Pointless arguments over terms like “clean eating” and “junk food”
- How to better communicate ideas to the general population without making them over-simplistic
Links & Resources:
- Transcript of Episode 149
- Renaissance Periodization
- Mike on Instagram
- Healthy Eating Book
- Sigma Weight Cutting System
- Support the podcast on Patreon
Enjoy this episode?