Episode 142: Sigma Nutrition coach Gar Benn discusses how to effectively troubleshoot your dietary approach, evaluating how to improve a diet and effively programming nutrition and training to get optimal results.
Gar is an evidence-based strength coach and nutritionist. He is the owner of City Gym, a strength training facility and powerlifting club based in Limerick, Ireland. Gar is also a coach for Sigma Nutrition, where he has been doing some amazing work with our online coaching clients.
Gar has worked with a very diverse population from weight gain/weight loss clients to performance clients. Gar has also worked with physical therapy and medical teams with many of his clients who take personal training for pure health purposes, such conditions would include those who would suffer from diabetes, cystic fibrosis, eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia, anxiety, depression and those in recovery from heart conditions.
In this episode we discuss:
- Importance of tracking metrics for assessing progress and developing plans
- Weekly modifications based on client response
- How ongoing work with a coach can allow for successful “nutrition troubleshooting”
- Why evidence-based coaching decreases second guessing and the mental stress of dieting
- Gar’s programming for Danny