This week’s guest is Marc David, founder of the Institute for the Psychology of Eating. We discuss why what we eat is only half the story of good nutrition. We get into topics like the effect of physiological state on digestion, attitude to food, behaviours around food, mind-body nutrition, food “addiction”, and binge eating.
Marc David is the Founder of the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, and has been featured on CNN, NBC, and numerous media outlets.
He’s presented at a long list of professional settings including Harvard University, The Institute for Functional Medicine and The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine.
In This Show We Discuss:
- Marc’s philosophy of “what we eat is only half the story of good nutrition”.
- The concept of “food addiction” and wanting to always eat.
- Our relationship with food and our attitudes towards it.
- Listening to our bodies.
- The affect that our physiological state has on digestion.
- The problems of restrictive dieting