Episode 93: John Berardi, PhD. of Precision Nutrition is on the show to discuss the trade-offs that occur with any dietary approach, the limits of using science, future areas of nutrition research and coaching and the concept of the “best” diet.
John Berardi, PhD.
John Berardi has been recognized as one of the top exercise nutrition experts in the world. His work has been published in dozens of textbooks, peer-reviewed academic journals, and in countless popular exercise and nutrition books and magazines.
In addition, through his company, Precision Nutrition, Dr Berardi has worked with over 45,000 clients in over 97 countries. These clients span the spectrum from recreational exercisers all the way up to the athletic elite, including: The Toronto Maple Leafs, The Texas Longhorns, Canada’s Olympic Ski Teams, and former UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre.
No stranger to elite athletics himself, Dr Berardi has competed at a high level in football, track and field, rugby, and power lifting. Further, he is a former Jr. Mr. USA champion.
In this episode we discuss:
- Shifting our mindset past the idea of a “best” diet
- What role does anecdotal evidence have in evidence-based practice
- The most exciting area of nutrition research we’re going to see over the next number of years
- The future of nutrition coaching and the fitness industry
- The importance of considering the trade-offs of any nutrition goal
- The crucial factors in creating lasting change