Episode 51: Menno Henselmans of Bayesian Bodybuilding talks refeeds, cyclic low-carb diets, ketogenic diets, carb cycling, circadian rhythms and body recomposition.
Online physique coach, fitness model and scientific author. Menno Henselmans is a former business consultant who specialized in advanced statistical data analysis, but traded that for what he’s truly passionate about: helping serious trainees attain their ideal physique. His background in science and statistics helped him to develop his Bayesian Bodybuilding method.
Menno has published academic papers, is a speaker at some of the world’s biggest fitness events and is a guest contributor to Alan Aragon’s Research Review.
In this episode we discuss:
- Refeeds: physiological and psychological effects
- Low-carb and ketogenic diets vs. calorie + protein matched diets
- Is there any need to cycle carbohydrates?
- Effect of circadian rhythms on nutrient timing
- Could gut health be a major factor in muscle building potential?
- Hormones and site-specific fat loss: Legit or myth?
Links & Resources:
Enjoy this episode?