Episode 198: Richard Nikoley of Free The Animal discusses the need for some sanity to be brought to the discussions surrounding ketosis.
Richard Nikoley is the man behind the blog Free the Animal, which as of 2016, contains over 4,000 posts and 100,000 comments from readers. He has written about his learnings on health, diet, and lifestyle.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Discussions around ketosis
- Calorie-deficit induced ketogenic diet vs. nutritional ketosis at calorie balance
- Anti-lipolytic nature of ketones
- Inaccurate claims about ketosis and ketogenic diets
- Hierarchy of factors influencing body composition
Links & Resources
- Free The Animal
- Richard Nikoley’s Ketotard Chronicles
- Optimising Nutrition – Marty Kendall
- Calories Proper – Bill Lagakos
Enjoy this episode?
- SNR #116: Prof. Kevin Tipton – Nutritional Support for Injuries, Protein Metabolism & Optimal Protein Distribution
- SNR #104: Brad Schoenfeld, PhD – Muscle Hypertrophy Research & Evidence-Based Practice