Episode 9: Greg Nuckols of StrongerByScience.com is on the show to discuss non-responders to training in studies, the role of genetics and the long-term potential for strength.
Greg Nuckols is the founder of StrongerByScience.com, a website that provides comprehensive information about how to get stronger and more jacked. Greg has over a decade of experience under the bar, and a BS in Exercise and Sports Science. He’s held 3 all-time world records in powerlifting in the 220 and 242 classes, and is pursuing graduate research at UNC-Chapel Hill, under the supervision of Dr. Abbie Smyth-Ryan.
He’s trained hundreds of athlete and regular folks, both online and in-person. He’s written for many of the major magazines and websites in the fitness industry, including Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness, Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, and Schwarzenegger.com.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- The topic of “non-responders” to training
- How much of a “genetic disadvantage” can be overcome with an appropriate strategy?
- Rates of strength progress
Links & Resources
- Hardgainers? What We Know About Non-Responders – Greg Nuckols
- Genetics and Strength Training: Just How Different Are We?
- European Powerlifting Conference 2017