SNR #64: Are Low-Carb Diets More Effective For Fat Loss?
Episode 64: A short episode looking at the evidence-base behind the idea low-carb diets are more effective for fat loss.
Research Papers Mentioned in This Episode
- Allen & Last – Low-Carbohydrate Diets
- Bravata et al. – Efficacy and safety of low-carbohydrate diets: a systematic review
- Johnston et al. – Comparison of weight loss among named diet programs in overweight and obese adults: a meta-analysis
- Naude et al. – Low Carbohydrate versus Isoenergetic Balanced Diets for Reducing Weight and Cardiovascular Risk: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Brehm et al. – A randomized trial comparing a very low carbohydrate diet and a calorie-restricted low fat diet on body weight and cardiovascular risk factors in healthy women
- Foster et al. – Weight and Metabolic Outcomes After 2 Years on a Low-Carbohydrate Versus Low-Fat Diet: A Randomized Trial
- Bueno et al. – Very-low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet v. low-fat diet for long-term weight loss: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials
- Feinman & Fine – “A calorie is a calorie” violates the second law of thermodynamics
Enjoy this episode?