Ciaran O’ Regan
Ciaran O’ Regan is currently a strength & conditioning coach in Cork, Ireland, predominantly working with rugby teams. He recently began a Professional Doctorate under John Kiely of University of Central Lancashire.
Ciaran has a BSc. in Sport & Exercise Science from the University of Limerick. Ciaran also works online with combat sport athletes on their nutrition and fight preparation here at Sigma Nutrition.
In This Episode We Discuss
- What is ignorance navigation?
- Uncertainty and scientific thinking
- How “science” has different meaning based on the context
- Problems when people are using different definitions within the same discussion
- Science is an error-correcting technology
- How do we use better thinking in our lives?
- Can studying philosophy, economics and epistemology make you a better coach?
- Memento mori
Links & Resources
- Get Podcast Transcripts
- Russell Brand & Neil deGrasse Tyson Debate If Science Is Biased & Corrupt!
- Are You Really Science-Based? – Part One: Uncertainty
- The Axiom of the Infinite Unknown: Uncertainty as the Only Certainty (Are You Really Science Based? – Part 2)
- Wires Crossed and Intellectually Lost: Are You Really Science Based? (Part 3)
- Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking – Daniel Dennett
- The Beginning of Infinity: Explanations That Transform the World – David Deutsch
- Legion Athletics Supplements – Get up to 30% off using the coupon code SIGMA
Fan of the Podcast?
If you regularly enjoy listening to Sigma Nutrition Radio, I’d love if you could take a moment to consider showing your support.
First, if you could leave a review on iTunes that would help the show a lot and I get to read every single one of them!
Then if you’d like to take your support even further, then you can officially support the podcast on Patreon. You can pledge $1 per episode, and cancel at any time. All the money goes into providing transcripts of all the podcasts and supporting materials.
Thank you for considering!