How To Listen
On his blog James primarily writes on how we can create better habits, make better decisions, and live better lives. He combines ideas from a wide range of disciplines including biology, neuroscience, psychology, philosophy, and more.
He is the author of Atomic Habits, the creator of the Habits Academy, a weightlifter, and a travel photographer in over 30 countries.
In This Episode We Discuss
- Where James’ interest in habits stemmed from
- The meaning behind “Atomic Habits”
- Where to start when deciding what habits to change?
- How do we stick we these new habits?
- How to help others (clients/patients) build new habits
- Environment design: things that act as obstacles that we may not be aware of
- Preventing loss of momentum when schedule or environment is thrown off, for example shift work or travel
- How long to build a new habit? And does it matter?