Episode 8: Jason Tremblay of The Strength Guys is on the show to discuss internal and external load management and the long-term view of lifter development.
Jason is the co-founder of The Strength Guys, where he coaches a number of high level lifters, including Taylor Atwood.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Focusing on the long-term development of a lifter
- The sequencing of training at the micro, meso and macrocycle level
- Load management
- External vs. internal load
- ‘Training-Injury Prevention Paradox’ model
- Acute and chronic training load
- Absolute and relative workloads
Links & Resources
- The Strength Guys
- Gabbett, 2016 – The training—injury prevention paradox: should athletes be training smarter and harder?
- European Powerlifting Conference 2017