Episode 72: Registered dietitian Mike Sweeney is on the show to discuss myths around fat loss, contest prep for physique athletes and digestive health.
Guest BioMike Sweeney, RD
He also has an undergraduate degree in sports science and has coached professional athletes, Olympians and bodybuilders, as well as general population fat loss/health clients. Mike has competed in (and won) bodybuilding competitions.
He is co-host of Real Nutrition Radio with Martin MacDonald.
In this episode we discuss:
- Fat loss myths
- Late night eating
- Effect of dairy consumption on: fat loss, getting contest ready, diabetes and CVD risk
- Food restrictions
- Insulin resistance, carbohydrate intakes & Tim Noakes
- Digestive health: the gut microbiome and effect of gut health on fat loss efforts
- The good and bad of IIFYM
- Contest prep: Myths, old school methods and peak week protocols
Links & Resources:
Enjoy this episode?
You might enjoy these: