Episode 60: Dino Camire is on the show to discuss acute vs. chronic adaptations to dieting, body image, striving for perfection, performance-based goals and why it’s important to transition off a diet.
Dino is a strength and conditioning coach from Winniped, MB., Canada, logging over 15,000 hours of hand-on, in-the-trenches coaching.
He has a B.A. in physical anthropology, as well as experience as a research assistant in the kinesiology lab at the University of Manitoba.
He also has a strong martial arts background; being a judo blackbelt as well as a former pro MMA fighter.
He competes as a natural bodybuilder, placing 2nd at the INBF Natural Bodybuilding competition and 1st in the IDFA competition in June 2014.
In this episode we discuss:
- Acute changes vs. chronic adaptations
- Body image and striving for perfection
- Performance-based goals
- How to transition off a diet
- Steps to ensure sustained, consistent results
- Real-world success examples
- How ladies got to eating 300g of carbs of day and dropping body fat
- The battle in changing misconceptions around nutrition
- Non-purging bulimia