Episode 46: Dr. Bryan Walsh talks about adrenal physiology, low and high cortisol, the HPA axis, why adrenal fatigue is a myth and how all this influences how you should eat and live.
Guest BioDr. Bryan Walsh
Dr. Bryan Walsh combines a passion for nutritional biochemistry and science-based therapies, yet maintains a broad view of wellness, believing in the infinite capacity for the body to heal itself given the appropriate conditions and environment.
He specializes in managing a variety of conditions, but specializes in autoimmune thyroid conditions as well as weight loss for active men and women who are not losing weight using good diet and exercise programs.
Dr. Walsh is dedicated to helping his patients improve their health, but expects the same commitment from his patients. He accepts a limited number of new patients each month to ensure his patients receive quality care.
In this episode we discuss:
- What do the adrenal glands do?
- What is the HPA axis and why does it matter?
- Why adrenal fatigue is nothing more than a great marketing term!
- Real low cortisol issues
- Elevated cortisol and abnormal rhythms
- Cortisol saliva testing
- Why your perception is everything
- Practical take-away points that you can use in your everyday life and diet
Links & Resources:
Enjoy this episode? You Might Enjoy These Posts…