Episode 29: Dr. Spencer Nadolsky is on the show talking about lifestyle medicine, using evidence in practice, how to think about carbs and dietary fat.
Dr. Spencer Nadolsky is an osteopathic family physician who specializes in weight loss (bariatric medicine) and cholesterol (lipidology). He is also the medical director for Examine.com
Guest BioDr. Spencer Nadolsky
Dr. Spencer Nadolsky is an osteopathic family physician who specializes in weight loss (bariatric medicine) and cholesterol (lipidology). He is also the medical director for Examine.com.
After a successful athletic career at UNC-Chapel Hill, Spencer enrolled in medical school at VCOM (Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine) with aspirations to change the world of medicine by pushing lifestyle before drugs (when possible). Lifting, eating, laughter, and sleeping are his current first line medicines.
He wrestled in the Heavy Weight division for the UNC Tar Heels for 3 years and was ranked in the top 4 of the nation at one point. His goal is to use what he learned as an athlete and apply it to his patients to help them get as healthy as possible using lifestyle as medicine.
In This Show We Discuss:
- Who is Dr. Nadolsky and what does he do?
- Spencer’s journey
- Lifestyle modification vs. medication
- The pros and cons of evidence-based medicine/nutrition/fitness
- Crazy vs. sensible approaches
- The low-carb diet trap
- Why Bulletproof Coffee might not be for everyone
- The reason why 95% of people can’t lose fat
Links & Resources
- Evidence Based Medicine: Fraud, Double Standards And Ignorance – Robb Wolf
- Weighty Matter Blog