Episode 170: Aadam Ali of Physiquinomics is on to discuss his personal diet experiements, what he learnt and some philosophies on nutrition and training.
Aadam writes fitness-related content over at his site Physiqonomics. He writes about his philosophies on nutrition, training and all things physique related. He also self-experiments with different approaches and reports the results. These have included periods of time eating various iterations of a ketogenic diet, employing extended fasts, using time-restricted feeding and more. He has also written content for various other reputable sites including Strengtheory. Aadam also works one-to-one with coaching clients who want to improve their physique.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- The importance of challenging our pre-existing biases
- Aadam’s 6-month experiment with ketogenic dieting
- Misconceptions about ketogenic diets both pro- and anti-ketosis
- Parallels with intermittent fasting
- Lessons learned and advice for those wanting to try it
- Who is ketogenic dieting a good fit for? Personality and food preference
Links & Resources
- Experiments with a Ketogenic Diet
- Aadam on Instagram
- Facebook page
- Sigma Weight Cutting System for MMA & Boxing
Enjoy this episode?
- SNR #82: Dr. Jacob Wilson – Ketogenic Diets, Strength & Body Composition
- SNR #137: Luis Villasenor – How to (Successfully) Implement a Ketogenic Diet for Body Composition & Strength
- SNR #86: Mike T. Nelson, PhD – Metabolic Flexibility, Fasting vs. Ketosis & Low Glycogen Training