Episode 132: Tony Gentilcore discusses his philosophy on coaching, what skills are vital to effective coaching, strategies to develop as a coach, mistakes that coaches can often make and how to help clients get the best results possible.
Click Here to Get Podcast Transcripts
Guest BioTony Gentilcore
Tony Gentilcore is one of the co-founders of Cressey Sports Performance and helped develop that brand and facility for many years. Now Tony is coaching out of Boston, MA where he is a much sought-after coach, as well as contributing to many of the most well-known fitness publications on the web.
In this episode we discuss:
- Tony’s coaching philosophy
- The skills that are vital to effective coaching
- Tweaks, progressions and regressions to tailor programs to client needs and circumstances
- Strategies that coaches can use to develop into the best coach they can be
- Mistakes that coaches can often make and how to learn from them
- Reasons why intermediate lifters fail to progress
- Helping clients get the best results possible in a manner that is right for that individual