Episode 131: Dan Pardi, PhD discusses all sorts of concepts related to the philosophy of health, including; using tech and tools to improve behaviours, mindset over tools, research on PERMA and applying the “explore, exploit” concept to health.
Click Here to Get Podcast Transcripts
Guest BioDan Pardi, PhD
Dan is an entrepreneur and researcher whose life’s work is centered on how to facilitate health behaviors in others. He is the developer of Loop Model to Sustain Health Behaviors to help people live a healthy lifestyle in a modern world.
He does research with the Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Department at Stanford University, and the Departments of Neurology and Endocrinology at Leiden University in the Netherlands. His current research looks at how sleep influences decision making
In this episode we discuss:
- HumanOS – What is it and how does it aim to help?
- Thinking about health philosophically
- Use of tools and tech to design and implement behaviours
- Why mindset and education must precede use of tools
- Applying computer science thinking to human decision making